Motherhood is hard. Wait, LIFE is hard. But the best part is we’re all in it together. Come join me as we find our own zen in the middle of parenthood, marriage, extended family, volunteering and just generally enjoying our time here in Lake County.
Note all opinions belong to me and only me and are not a reflection of those of our advertisers, partners or other writers
I’m the first to admit that I need to lose a few pounds, but people can be so rude. I can’t believe some of the things people have said to me. I have listed the most outrageous. And no, none of them have inspired me to work out or eat any healthier; they just make me mad and want to pour a cup of coffee or glass of wine and vent on social media.
10 Things not to say to a Woman
- Are you pregnant?
- You should come to this boot camp class with me; you’d have more energy.
- Have you tried…fill in the blank…Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Body for Life, Ideal Protein…
- You are what you eat!
- Just get a babysitter and come to the gym.
- Those pants are too tight.
- Do you think you need seconds?
- You just have to FIND the time to work out.
- Are you going to eat that?
- I thought you were on a diet?
Everyone struggles with something. Everyone is fighting some sort of battle. Being overweight is hard because it’s visual to the whole world. You can’t hide it. Most people don’t want to talk about it. Just be kind. Play nice!
Think of the rules you learned in kindergarten–if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
Cheryl is an aspiring writer from Mundelein. You can now follow her on her author journey on Amazon.
Get a copy of her first book, Letter’s to my Children, available on Kindle now.
Leave a Reply