Summer 2020 is going to look very different than the previous summer’s. We’re so sad to report that some of our favorite locales and festivals will be closed or canceled in 2020. We’re keeping a list here that you can easily reference to check on your favorites. We will update it as often as we can.
Updated: May 31, 2020
Canceled Summer Events:
- Wizards Weekend, Antioch – June 20, 2020
- Grayslake Craft Beer Festival – May 30, 2020
- Libertyville Days
- Ravinia Music Festival
- Celebrate Highwood – ALL 2020 Festivals
- Food Truck Thursdays, Highland Park – canceled through July 30
- Bitter Jester Music Festival, Highland Park
- Fourth of July festival, fireworks, and events in Highland Park
- Memorial Day remembrance, Lincolnshire
- Food Truck Fridays, Lincolnshire
- Red, White, and Boom -Fourth of July festival, Lincolnshire
- Lakemoor Fest
- 4th of July Activities, Northbrook (fireworks rescheduled for September 15)
- Northbrook Days Festival
- All Wheeling Park District special events for the remainder of 2020 have been canceled
- All in-person summer camps through Lake County Forest Preserves June 15 – August 14
- All LCFPD nature and history educational programs, senior programs, and USG-sponsored Thursday Night programs will be conducted remotely through the rest of the year.
- Civil War Days
- Kids Nature FunFest
- Adlai Stevenson Historic Home Programs and events are canceled
- Summer concert series at both Independence Grove and Greenbelt Cultural Center
- Gospelfest at Greenbelt Cultural Center
- Waukegan Park District American Independence Parade – June 28
- Buffalo Grove Park District: all on-site summer camp programs
- Kids to Parks Day, Buffalo Grove
- Flag Day, Buffalo Grove
- Uniquely Us, Buffalo Grove
- Bow Wow Dog Expo, Buffalo Grove
- International Day of Yoga, Buffalo Grove
- Buffalo Grove, Free Fun Tuesdays – June 23 date only
- Willow Stream Pool Party, Buffalo Grove
- Mundelein Community Days Festival, July 2-5
- Camp Adler, Libertyville
- Deer Path Art League Art Fair, Lake Forest September 6-7
- Bluffina Summer Concert Series, Lake Bluff
- Tempel Lipizzans 2020 Performance Season, Old Mill Creek
- Libertyville Lunch in the Park
- Car Fun on 21, Libertyville – May and June dates
- Vernon Township Summer Camp
- Lake Forest Day, August 4 and 5
- Deerfield Park District Summer Sampler and Eat to the Beat Concerts through July
- Antioch Fourth of July Parade, Freedom Run and Fireworks Display
- Antioch It’s Thursday Concert Series
- Barrington July 4th Brat Tent – postponed until September
- Barrington 4th of July Parade and Fireworks
- Barrington White House Open House
Venues Closed for Summer 2020
- Barrington Aqualusion Pool
- Adler and Riverside Pools, Libertyville
- Spring Lake Beach, Lincolnshire – no lifeguards will be present all summer
- Grayslake Aquatic Center
- Family Aquatic Center, Wheeling
- Independence Grove Beach and Marina, Libertyville
- LCFPD Dog parks, youth camping areas and model aircraft field
- Willow Stream Pool, Buffalo Grove
- Chicago Botanic Garden closed through June 30
- Kohl Children’s Museum closed until further notice
- Jones Island Beach, Grayslake closed until further notice
- Hidden Creek AquaPark, Highland Park
We expect this list to grow over time as we receive more information. Did we miss your fave? Drop a note in the comments?
Coronavirus Information for Families
We want to make sure you are getting the best information and resources, no memes. Please use these sources for up-to-date information on what you should be doing to protect yourself and your family.
- Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center Coronavirus Page. Also, sign up for their weekly newsletter.
- Illinois Department of Public Health Coronavirus Disease Page
- CDC Coronavirus Disease Page – available in Spanish and Chinese
Family FAQ About COVID-19
We think that knowledge is power. Our friends at RocketCity Moms put together some frequently asked questions families might want to know with answers from the pros… not from some meme found on the Internet.
- What are the symptoms of the Coronavirus?
- How is it different from the flu?
- How does COVID-19 impact, pregnant women? Are they a higher risk if they contract the virus?
- Why are older adults more susceptible?
- How should families be reasonably preparing for a local outbreak?
- What’s the best way to disinfect your home?
- How can I explain Coronavirus to my kids in a way that isn’t scary?
- Coronavirus myths debunked
Cover your cough, wash your hands and be well friends!