On Tuesday nights through December 26th, your family can visit a live taping of the Chicago Huddle television show at Chili’s Grill & Bar in Vernon Hills. Currently filming its 11th season, the Chicago Huddle provides total coverage of the Chicago Bears and features a current or alumni player at the show each week. At a live taping, you’ll have the opportunity to watch the show from the comfort of your table as you dine on your favorite Chili’s meal. On Tuesdays, kids always eat free, too (two free kids’ meals for one paid adult entree)! Finally, at the conclusion of the show, you’ll have the opportunity to meet the Bears player and you may even spot yourself on television on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. as the Chicago Huddle airs on NBC Sports Chicago.
The family-friendly Chicago Huddle show has been filming in the area since 2007 and has become a football season staple in Vernon Hills. You and your family will watch and listen as host Patrick Mannelly interviews Chicago Bears players like Cameron Meredith, Tarik Cohen, Pat O’Donnel, Akiem Hicks and more. They discuss the pros and cons of the previous game, set the stage for the upcoming game and even give young audience members a chance to ask the player a question…on camera! If you stay after the show finishes filming, cameras will also visit your table where you can cheer and show off your pride for the Monsters of the Midway. You might even make it on the show and be seen by friends and family.
I’ve taken my sons Jordan and Danny to see their favorite players nearly every Tuesday for the past six years. The players vary by week, and we are always excited to see which star will be highlighted. Most players are excited to meet with their young fans, and many times they are willing to sign an autograph and take a picture.
Chad’s Tips for a successful night with the family at the Chicago Huddle taping
- Be sure to get there around 5:30 p.m. to secure the best spot to watch the show! Don’t worry — they have a Ziosk tablet at the table for the kids to play games while you wait.
- Be sure to follow Chicago Huddle on Twitter and like them on Facebook to find out what player will be present that night.
- Bring a camera, a sharpie and something for the kids to get signed (i.e. small football, hat). While it’s not guaranteed each week, the players are very accommodating of their younger fans.
- Have your son or daughter think of a great question to ask before coming to the show. During the taping, the staff will collect questions and select their favorite. If your child’s question is chosen, they will get to ask their question to the Chicago Bears player on camera!
- Dress in your orange and navy blue! At the conclusion of the show, your table might be filmed as you cheer for your team.
- Tune into NBC Sports Chicago on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. to catch the show on television and see if you made the final cut!
Tuesdays starting September 15 through January
Chili’s Bar & Grill, 371 W. Townline Road, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Connect with Chicago Huddle
Facebook | Twitter
Leave a Reply