On Tuesday nights starting September 15, your kids can get closer to the Chicago Bears than ever before, get a great meal for free and possibly make an appearance on television.
The family-friendly Chicago Huddle show runs from September through January and has been filming since 2007. At Chili’s in Vernon Hills families can watch and listen as host Dan Jiggetts interviews Chicago Bears players like Matt Forte or Alshon Jeffery. They talk about the previous game, the upcoming game and give audience members a chance to ask the players questions. If you stay after the show finishes filming, cameras will come around to your table where you can cheer and show off your pride for the home team. You might even make it onto the show and be seen by friends and family when it airs.
I’ve taken my sons Jordan and Danny to see their favorite players many times during the past four years. The players vary by week, and they are always excited to see which star will be highlighted. Most players are excited to meet with their young fans, and sometimes they are willing to sign an autograph or take a picture. And if that’s not exciting enough, kids eat FREE at Chili’s on Tuesdays! Every adult who buys an entree gets up to two kids’ meals free.
Chad’s Tips for a successful night with the family at the Chicago Huddle taping
- Be sure to get there around 5:30 p.m. to secure the best spot to watch the show! Don’t worry — they have a Ziosk tablet at the table for the kids to play games while you wait.
- Be sure to follow Chicago Huddle on Twitter and like them on Facebook to engage in social-media contests during breaks.
- Bring a camera, a sharpie and something for the kids to get signed (i.e. small football, hat). While it’s not guaranteed each week, the players are very accommodating of their younger fans.
- Have your son or daughter think of a great question to ask before coming to the show. During the taping, the staff from will collect questions to ask the player. If your child’s question is chosen, their name and hometown will appear on the show when it airs Sunday.
- Be dressed in your orange and blue! At the conclusion of the show, your table might be filmed as you cheer for your team.
- Tune into Comcast Sports Net on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. to catch the show on television and see if you made the final cut!
Tuesdays starting September 15 through January
Chili’s Bar & Grill
371 W. Townline Road, Vernon Hills | (847) 932-4043