We asked they answered! LLC contributors asked the Dads in our lives what they DO NOT want on Father’s Day. Hopefully, we can save you a trip back to the store to make a return, or keep this year’s gift out of next year’s garage sale!
What Not to Get Dad for Father’s Day
- “Greeting cards! My kids should make me a card instead.” Jake, Holly’s Husband
- “Ear & nose hair trimmer.” PBDad, Melissa’s Husband
- “Cologne; I’d rather do a fun family activity than receive a gift.” Dave, Maureen’s Husband
- “No gift for me! Make me a special breakfast or dinner instead.” Tony, Mialynn’s Husband
- “No ties. The best father’s day gift I ever received was a Meat & Whiskey Bouquet.” Bernie, Stephanie’s Husband
- “No clothes, or mugs that say World’s Best Dad!” Steve, Jessica’s Husband
- “World’s Best Dad stuff is so cliche, none of that!” Mark, Krystal’s Husband
- “No photo albums or picture frames; just update the frames I already have. I prefer our annual family tradition of spending Father’s Day at Arlington Race track over a gift.” Cheryl’s Husband
Susan over at The Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva has put together a pretty hilarious list of Father’s Day Gifts That Are So Bad They’re Awesome that is worth a read, too.
Check out our Little Father’s Day Fun Pinterest Board for inspiration & local Father’s Day events, and we have many great dining suggestions for families here on the website. How is your family spending Father’s Day?