- Join Us Every Saturday Morning at the Deerfield Farmers Market
- June 13 – October 10, 2020
- New Location – Park Avenue between Jewett Park Drive and Hazel Avenue
- Saturdays: 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
COVID-19 Changes for the 2020 Season
Due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, the Village is closely examining all special events and observances to ensure the health and safety of residents.
The Deerfield Farmers Market will open as scheduled on June 13 with a focus on health and safety. The State of Illinois has specifically identified farmers markets as “essential businesses.”
This year, the Farmers Market will move away from its focus on “food, friends and fun” to a market that is dedicated to providing food in a safe, open-air shopping experience. This will require the elimination all of our social and civic activities as well as limiting the number of vendors.
To provide for better social distancing, the Farmers Market will move to Park Avenue just north of Jewett Park Drive.
The Farmers Market Committee and Village staff are using guidelines provided by the Illinois Farmers Market Association to develop rules for vendors and patrons. The new rules will space out vendors, limit the number of patrons allowed to shop at one time, require face coverings and provide increased sanitation. Patrons will not be allowed to touch the merchandise. Shoppers are ask to limit one person per household. Dogs and will not be allowed.
This is not the Farmers Market we are used to every Saturday, where we gather with friends and family to enjoy the fun atmosphere while shopping. We will be able to continue to operate the Market this year only if all participants follow the new rules.
Items for Sale
- Seasonal vegetables and fruit locally grown by farmers in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin
- Organic and naturally grown vegetables and flowers
- Fresh meats, eggs and fish
- Hand-crafted Wisconsin cheese, exceptional variety of syrups, honeys and salsas
- Fresh-baked breads, muffins, pies and cookies
- Breakfast! Sweet and savory crepes, coffee and other breakfast treats
This year, as we celebrate our 26th season, we invite you to experience one of the area’s largest and best farmers markets. With special musical performances and activities for kids every Saturday morning, it truly is the family (and dog) friendly place to be