Due to the current COVID-19 circumstances there will be 14 vendors selling produce, bakery items, sauces, honey, pesto, spices, cheese, eggs, fresh meat, seafood, and more.
The market will be operated to comply with the State’s and the Illinois Farmers Market Association’s guidelines, which include the following:
- As an essential operation, we are permitting the sale of food products and our returning services only at this time; the market will not showcase pet rescues, artisans, nonprofits, kids activities nor live entertainment this season.
- Signage will be posted at the two entrances/exits to the market requiring patrons to maintain social distancing. Vendors will be required to monitor and comply with this at their booth areas.
- Recommendation to patrons to wear face coverings.
- Access to the market will be limited at any given time to a set number of patrons; patrons must exit the market from the point they entered so that the next patrons in line will be permitted into the market.
- All vendors shall provide handwashing or other hand sanitizing stations for use by their employees. All vendors and employees shall be required to wear face coverings and gloves at all times.
- No food consumption, adult beverages, hot food sales and sampling- not allowed at the market this season.
- Vendors shall have a designated employee that handles all cash or credit/debit transactions and, when possible, a separate employee to handle all products being sold. Patrons and vendors should be encouraged to utilize credit or debit cards to minimize the exchange of cash for transactions.
- Only vendors and their employees may handle products. Patrons must not touch any produce or products until after they have been purchased.
- Recommendation to leave children at home; no pets allowed thru the market with the exception of service animals.
Visitors are encouraged to enter and exit from the same side of the market to ensure that maximum person counts are provided for.
The Farmers Market parking lot is located at Paulus Park. Additional parking is available at the shopping center across the street.