Fox River Forest Preserve
28500 West Roberts Road, Barrington, IL 60010
Fred Fest returns to the Fox River Forest Preserve in Port Barrington, Saturday, August 17, from 12–6 pm. There is no rain date. The event features a diverse lineup of local bands, food and drinks for purchase, and family-friendly activities. Fred Fest benefits the Preservation Foundation of the Lake County Forest Preserves.
Fred Fest raises funds for restoration of Grassy Lake Forest Preserve in Lake Barrington. Efforts include restoring nearly 100 acres along the Fox River to its presettlement condition by removing invasive species and planting native species.
Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for kids or $25 for families. Tickets are also available for purchase at the event gate.
12–4 PM | ENJOY FAMILY-FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES
- Have your face painted by Ballons by Amber while watching “Glowby” perform a bubble show.
- Visit with the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois and Cosley Zoo.
- Form a team and play bags.
- More activities coming.
- Free parking.
- Dress for the weather. Fred Fest is held outdoors under a large pavilion.
- Limited, first-come, first-served seating is available under the pavilion. Arrive early to secure a spot.
- Lawn space is also available. Bring your own blankets and lawn chairs. Picnic tables are scattered throughout the main event space for your use and enjoyment.
- Pack your own food and beverages, or purchase at the event.
- Beer and wine, food and beverages will be available for purchase from Slyce Coal Fired Pizza Co. of Wauconda and Highland Park and Kookers of Lake Zurich. Enjoy desserts from My Flavorite Place.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted; those drinking must be 21 years of age. No alcohol consumption within 100 feet of parking lot.
- With the exception of service animals, pets are not permitted.