Summer never seems to last long enough in these parts. That’s why when the sun shines down on Lake County you need to take full advantage. My favorite way to soak up some sun is by dining al fresco, and the kids love it too! Head out and grab a seat on the patio at these local establishments. These restaurants have been chosen by our readers as the “Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants” in Lake County.
Favorite Outdoor Dining in Lake County
- Reflections on Deep Lake, 38564 N. Edgewood, Lake Villa | (847) 265-47170
- The LakeHouse Rotisserie, Grill & Tap, 850 Tower Drive, Lake Villa | (847) 838-2700
- RJ’s Eatery, 1913 E. Grand Ave., Lindenhurst | (847) 356-2300
- Famous Freddie’s Roadhouse, 510 Park Ave., Fox Lake | (847) 587-9677
- El Puerto Mexican Restaurant, 200 N. Forest Ave., Fox Lake | (847) 973-1370
- Anastasia’s Restaurant & Sports Lounge, 950 Hillside Ave., Antioch | (847) 395-3939
- Docks Bar & Grill, 313 Liberty St., Wauconda | (847) 526-3625
- Lindy’s Landing, 115 Park St., Wauconda | (847) 526-9789
Cheryl’s favorite summer activity is to sit on the beach at Lindy’s Landing while her kids swim in the shallow waters of Bangs Lake. Read more about it in her list of 10 Fun Things To Do With Kids in Lake County That Don’t Suck for Grown-ups.
- Slyce Coal Fired Pizza Company, 127 N. Main Street, Wauconda | (847) 469-8840
- Beelow’s Steakhouse, 763 S. Rand Road, Lake Zurich | (847) 540-0600
- Lauretta’s Italian Bake Shop & Café, 709 S. Lake St., Mundelein | (847) 566-0883
- Bill’s Pizza & Pub, 624 S. Lake St., Mundelein | (847) 566-5380
Featured in another Fan Favorite category for Best Pizza in Lake County.
- The Silo, 625 Rockland Road, Lake Bluff | (847) 234-6660
The Silo is also a fun train-themed restaurant for kids, see our listing for other Train-Themed Restaurants in Lake County, and read our past review.
- Casa Bonita Mexican Restaurant, 633 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville | (847) 362-4400
- Austin’s Saloon & Eatery, 481 Peterson Rd., Libertyville | (847) 549-1972
- Francesca’s Intimo, 293 E. Illinois Road, Lake Forest | (847) 735-9235
Did we miss your favorite spot for outdoor dining in Lake County? Tell us! Where is your favorite?
When Loralie isn’t out exploring with her two pint-sized adventurers you’ll often find her in front of her computer plotting to take over the world (or at least Lake County.) She appreciates good friends, good food, expensive shoes and parents who make two lanes in the drop-off/pick-up line at school. Her spirit animal is The Hobbit. She invites you to join her on her quest for unique distractions, diversions and deliciousness in this county we call home.