Father’s Day is almost here already! We’ve compiled a list of activities and places to go for Father’s Day all around Lake County. Whether you are celebrating your husband, dad, grandpa, uncle or other favorite guy–there are so many great places and events to choose from!
Father’s Day Freebies in Lake County
- FREE Admission for fathers at Aqualsion Pool, 235 Lions Pkwy., Barrington. Celebrate Father’s Day by splashing in the water with your family. Fathers will receive complimentary admission with a paying child from 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Dads get one FREE Attraction (Ice Skating, Laser Tag, Mini Golf, Indy 500 or Laser Frenzy) at Tilt Studio at Rink Side Sports, 6152 Grand Ave, Gurnee. One free attraction for Dad with the purchase of the same attraction.
- FREE Father’s Day Tractor and Truck Pull by 45 North, 43441 US-45, Antioch. Event begins at 12:00 p.m. Food and drinks will be available outside, with specials running all day.
- Kids Bowl Free. Register in advance and kids can receive two games of bowling free, every day this summer.
- Dads get free frozen yogurt on Father’s Day at Suzy’s Swirl, 6310 Grand Ave, Ste 300., Gurnee. It will be free from 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. for Dads only.
Father’s Day Events and Activities in Lake County
Saturday, June 18
- FREE Father’s Day Storytime, Barnes & Noble, 11:00 a.m. at Deerfield (Deerfield Square), Deer Park (Deer Park Town Center) and Vernon Hills (Hawthorn Mall). Join in a special storytime celebration for Father’s Day featuring Dad School and Grandpa Loves You! Activities will follow the storytime.
- Dad’s and Donuts, Lake Bluff Library at 10:30 a.m. , Children can bring their Dad and join Ms. Spezzano for this special storytime to celebrate Father’s Day. Donuts will be provided by the Friends of the Library.
- Fathers Day Cake and Card Decorating , Your Local Mariano’s from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Decorate a cake and card to surprise your dad on his special day. The cost is $3 per child.
- Picnic in the Park with Dad, Macy’s Court, 122 W Hawthorn Pkwy., Vernon Hills from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Come celebrate Dad at Hawthorn mall. The cost is $5 per child and includes food, meet and greet with Ninja Turtles, craft, a balloon artist, and more. Tickets can be purchased at Snickelfritz Toys located inside Hawthorn mall.
Sunday, June 19
- Annual North Shore Corvette Club Father’s Day Charity Car Show, 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.,Libertyville Chevrolet, 1001 S. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville. Admission is $3 per person or $5 per carload.
- Family Camp Out, Citizens Park, 511 Lake Zurich Road, Barrington, 5:00 p.m. Saturday through 8:30 a.m. Sunday. Camp out in the park! The park district will provide burgers, hot dogs, chips and drinks. Later there will be marshmallows and s’mores by the campfire, and orange juice and donuts in the morning. Cost is $17 per resident, $19 per non-resident. Registration Required. (Must provide own tent and sleeping bags).
- Feathered Fathers, Crabtree Nature Center, 3 Stover Road, Barrington Hills, 1:00 p.m., FREE. Learn the important roles that fathers play in nature and take a short hike.
- Dad’s Day at the J, Bernard Weinger JCC, 300 Revere Dr., Northbrook. 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. , Admission is $10. Activities will include swimming, playtime, crafts, golf tutorials, and a build your own nacho bar.
- Father’s Day Tractor and Truck Pull, 45 North, 43441 N US-45, Antioch, Admission is FREE, They will have multiple tractor classes and truck classes. Afterwards, go inside for their famous Bloody Mary Bar 11:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m. & the build your own Mac n Cheese bar with over 20 ingredients. If you come early a delicious breakfast will be served from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. If you want to do the tractor pull, registration starts at 11:00, and there is a $10 hookup charge.
Sunday, June 21
- Dad’s and Tad(Poles) , Stillman Nature Center, 33 W. Penny Lane, South Barrington. Spend a day with Dad for free at 2:00 p.m. With the help of large nets , Dads and their families (ages 8 and up) will scoop into the pond in hopes of catching crayfish, dragonfly larvae, tadpoles and hard to find pond creatures. Dress in clothes and shoes you don’t mind getting muddy. Call 847-428- OWLS to make reservations as space is limited.
Father’s Day Meals in Lake County
- Father’s Day Brunch at Lambs Farm, 14245 W. Rockland Rd., Libertyville. Dad can choose from hearty entrees or breakfast favorites, and top it off with heavenly desserts straight from the bakery! Seatings are at 10:00 a.m., 12 noon, and 2:00 p.m. Brunch is $24.95 for adults, $10.95 for children ages 2-12, and free for children 23 months and younger. Call the Magnolia Cafe & Bakery at (847) 362-5050 for reservations.
- Father’s Day Brunch at Johnny’s Chophouse, 1500 Main St, Antioch. Call (847) 838-2015 for reservation times. Adults, $25.95; children 10 and younger, $10.95; children five and younger, $5.95. Full breakfast buffet.
- Fathers Day Beer Brunch at Illinois Beach Resort Lakeside Restaurant , 1 Lake Front Dr., Zion. Seatings are from 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. Eat delicious wings, ribs, chicken and waffles, while sipping on a cold beer. Children 0-2: FREE, Children 3-5: $5.95, Children 6-11: $15.95 and Adults 12 & Up: $34.95. Call 847-625-7300 to make your reservations today! Real men…go to brunch!
So now you have no excuses to get out and have a great Father’s Day with these freebies, activities and meal suggestions. Here’s to the best Father’s Day ever!
Where does your family go to celebrate Father’s Day?