Tick, tock, tick, tock…
The clock is ticking! The back-to-school countdown is on, and for most students, the first day of school is less than 30 days away. Do you have all your ducks in a row? Don’t forget an eye exam (like I almost did) if you are sending a little one off to kindergarten. In January 2008, the State of Illinois enacted a law requiring all incoming kindergarten students to undergo an eye exam and vision screening. We recently visited Grayslake Eyecare Associates for our kindergarten screening, and we were so happy with their services that I have been recommending them to everyone.
We asked our fans who they visit for their families’ eye care and put together this handily little list. If you’re still working on your back-to-school checklist, I hope it will save you some time and allow you to enjoy these last, fleeting moments of summer.
Favorite Family Eye Doctors in Lake County
- Dr. Robert Alongi, Optometrist at MyEyeDoctor, Gurnee
- Dr. Brent Gandolfi, Optometrist at My Eye Xpert, Gurnee
- Jackson Eye in Lake Villa
- Dr. Deena Leonard, Pediatric Ophthalmologist at Premier Eye Care & Surgery Buffalo Grove & Barrington
- Dr. Robert Levine, Optometrist at Advanced Eyecare Consultants Libertyville & Lake Zurich
- Dr. Scott Pouyat, Optometrist at Grayslake Eyecare Associates Grayslake
- Dr. Carla Lafigiola, O.D. MyEyeDoctor, Grayslake
- Dr. Lisa Thompson, specializes in Pediatric Ophthalmology at Medical Eye Services in Gurnee & Lake Forest
Does your family see an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist that you would recommend? Please tell us in the comments.
By: Holly G.
Holly keeps busy with freelance writing, as well as many volunteer ventures including PTO, dog rescue, and Lakes Region Historical Society. She is quick to pitch in for a good cause. She is an aspiring vegan, Jazzercise addict, runner, coffee junkie, and enjoys cooking.
Disclosure: This list was compiled based on fan recommendations and does not constitute an endorsement or referral by Little Lake County or its writers and is merely provided as a resource. None of the entries paid for promotional consideration.
Leave a Reply