Kids can get crafty at one of these drop in projects:
- Boo-tiful Halloween Crafts at the Lake Forest Library
- Drop-in Crafting at the Deerfield Public Library
- Seasonal Craft at the Wauconda Area Library
- Crafts to Go at the Ela Area Public Library
Work together as a family and do some good by helping our Highwood and the Autism Society of Illinois with their Columbus Day Pumpkin Scooping Challenge.
Days off are a great (if not a little busy) day to visit a Museum:
- Kohl Children’s Museum is open late, until 5:00 p.m. as well have having Banfield’s Future Vet program in the morning. Older kids can take advantage of the nap time lull and go in the afternoon, save 50% and get afternoon only tickets from goldstar for only $5.50.
- The Raupp Museum is also providing special afternoon activities for school age kids with their walk-in programs. Today you can make a soap boat from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Shedd Aquarium has free admission today, but be prepared to wait in line!
School age kids can pick up some spy skills at Zion-Benton libraries drop in spy school.
Get some exercise and enjoy the fall colors with a color walk at River Trail Nature Center, Northbrook.
Get into the Halloween spirit with a festive movie, Frankenweenie is being shown at Warren Newport Public Library, no registration or ticket necessary.
The kids get a day off so should you! Kids eat free on Mondays at Trax Grill, Savanna House, Moretti’s and Smash Burger.
What will you be doing today? Tell them Little Lake County sent you!