Frozen Valentine Treats Recipe
- Yogurt, store bought any flavor (reds and purples for valentines day)
- Jelly roll or cookie sheet
- Wax paper
- Cookie Cutters (metal works best)
- Line the pan with wax paper (I liked having it folded in half)
- Choose your cookie cutter shape and size (these are large ones, for school I had three smaller sized heart shapes)
- Scoop yogurt into cookie cutter. You could get creative and put some fresh or frozen fruit in the top to decorate it, we didn’t have any on hand. It will look like this:
- Place in freezer. The smaller ones usually froze solid in about 2 hours.
When frozen solid put in ziplock bag and run hot water over the edges of the cookie cutter (this is why metal is better). While still in the bag, push on the flat side to pop the shape out. Serve immediately or store in a freezer bag. They melt pretty quick so try to run the water over the edges not the flat side of the shape.
The above shapes were each made with about one single serving size cup of yogurt. They are a healthier alternative to ice cream and candy and my kids LOVED them. For the party we served them with Teddy Grahams who I was told liked to skate on top of the hearts.
What are you putting together for Valentine’s?