Heather loves to get in the kitchen with her kids, and she wants you in the kitchen with your kids too! Kids in the Kitchen with Girl in the Kitchen shares tips, recipes, and ideas to get you and your kids cooking together.
Kids in the Kitchen
May is designated as Celiac Disease Awareness Month. For those who have never heard of Celiac Disease or are unsure of what it exactly is, this is a great month for you to learn more about it. I thought that I would share some of my favorite gluten-free goodies with you, all of those who either have celiac or have gone gluten-free for other health or lifestyle reasons.
Some people think that without gluten, everything is off-limits, especially treats like cookies, cake, and other sweets. Today I will share with you a few of my favorite gluten-free treats. These are a delicious, slightly healthier way to enjoy a dessert, and they are all gluten-free.
Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes
The first recipe is a dense and chewy peanut butter cookie drizzled with dark chocolate. Not only are these gluten-free, but they are also so easy and quick. You will not believe that they could be this good because the ingredient list is short, the directions are simple, and the process is effortless. I promise you; these cookies are irresistible.
Decadent Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate Drizzle Recipe
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz dark chocolate, melted, for drizzling
- In a medium bowl with a hand mixer, beat together peanut butter and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- With the mixer on low, add the baking soda, powder, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, or tablespoon, scoop cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes (do not overbake) and remove from the oven to cool.
- Immediately out of the oven, press the cookie down with the back of a spoon to flatten, or create a criss-cross pattern with the tines of a fork.
- When cooled, melt chocolate and drizzle over the cookie. Let chocolate harden-if you can wait and serve. Store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Do you love lemon? If you are looking for a fresh and different dessert, check out these tasty lemon bars. They are sure to please and are perfect for a spring get-together!
Looking for just the usual chocolate chip cookie? These cookies are just like mom used to make, but deliciously gluten-free! Does anyone like peanut butter cups? Check these out for a delicious, flourless treat!
For more great recipes, be sure to visit Heather at Girl and Her Kitchen.