Suburban Life Magazine has identified women who have made a difference in Lake County and are leaders in their field and community. Women of Distinction honorees will be profiled in the October issue of Suburban Life Magazine and recognized at an awards luncheon on October 30, 2014.
Melissa is in good company with this year’s other winners including:
- Amy Serafin, Parks and Recreation Coordinator, Village of Fox Lake
- Patricia Menoni, Owner/Administrator, Partners in Senior Care, Inc.
- Jan Cline Leahy, Executive Director, Career Resource Center, Inc.
- Ellaine Sambo-Reyther, Vice President, Director, Trust and Estate Services, BMO Private Bank
- Mary Seminara-Schostok, Appelate Judge, Second District Appellate Court
- Mary Ross Cunningham, Commissioner, Lake County Board District 9
- Cathy Vincus, Executive Director, Preserving Human Dignity
- Eleanor Anne Sweet, President and CEO, Corporate Success Partners, Division of the Remington Group, LLC
- Alicia Dodd, Board Member, Village Homesteading Mundelein
You may also recognize Alicia Dodd of Village Homesteading Mundelein from our April Mompreneur Feature. We know all the big shots!
Join us in congratulating these women who are making a difference and serving as role models in our community. We’ll be following Melissa through a series of stories so you can follow her journey to the “Red Carpet” award luncheon on October 30th. Come along for the ride!
More about Melissa:
Melissa is mom to 4 kids and 2 angels. She once lived in heels and dreamed of traveling the world, now she lives in her minivan and dreams of a clean kitchen. She chronicles the sticky bits of motherhood at Peanut Butter in my Hair, as well as on ChicagoParent.com. She left the city for the suburbs and frequently finds herself lost. She created Little Lake County, to help parents find out what’s going on and where to go, but she still can’t find the Peanut Butter at her super-sized Target. Find her on just about all social media sites as @PBinmyHair and in Suburban Life the second Thursday of the month.