As Mother’s Day approaches, I reflect on what being a mother means to me. Last night I was kissing my son goodnight and said (as I say every night) “I’m so lucky to be your mommy”. And he replied “You always say that’. But I’m ok with that. I mean it. I know as moms we say a lot over and over again. But I hope my son remembers that I said it to him every night. Because I am so lucky to be his mommy!
Sure, I say my fair share of “stop fighting with your brother!” and “go brush your teeth”. But if my kids were to write a book entitled “What my mom taught me” I’d want all of this included!
My Mommy always says…
- she is proud of me
- being kind is more important than being right
- the world is a magnificent place
- there is beauty everywhere
- scientists ask the right questions
- moms can do anything dads can do
- eat your veggies
- think of ways to help others
- don’t let mean kids ruin your day
- make someone else feel good everyday
- count your blessings not your worries
- quit waiting for someone to make a difference, I am someone
- if you want to try something new, do it!
- my mommy believes I can do anything and so do I!
I encourage you this mother’s day to write a letter to your child and place it in their baby book, sharing your knowledge, love and wishes for them. Capture what 2014 means to you as a mother.
What would your kids add to the list? What did YOUR mom always say to you? Share it with us in the comments!