How are you celebrating mother’s day? I hope you are spoiled with the love, attention and energy of your entire family. Whatever your wish for the day is, whether you relax or go off on an adventure, I hope it comes true!
I encourage you to take some time to reflect on how motherhood has changed you. What have you learned? What is more important to you now? What is not important anymore? What lessons do you want to share with your children?
Lessons I have learned from being a mom…
- Having kids is like having your heart walk around outside your body
- Everyone is fighting some sort of battle – be kind
- We are all the same on the inside
- Don’t judge others
- Be thankful
- Have hobbies and make a lot of time for them
- Be silly – dress up like Mike Ditka and run 3 miles at the Ditka Dash – why not!
- Life shouldn’t just be lived, it should be celebrated
- Saving $10 off $50 purchase is still requiring you to spend $40, so make sure you need it. If it’s a want, make sure you can afford it.
- Make good choices.
- Sing. Dance. Participate in life.
- Make vacations a priority.
- Keep annual traditions alive
- Take pictures (and print them!)
- Be passionate about something
- Make goals each year (personal and professional) and write them down
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Life’s not fair and you’re not entitled to anything
- Laughter is very important
- Do something everyday your future self will be proud of. Work hard. Exercise. Save money.
I hope I share these lessons with my children with patience, grace and love.
Wishing you the most wonderful of mother’s days!