Welcome to Locally Grown! Locally Grown introduces you to the people and stories behind Local Lake County businesses. Today it is our pleasure to introduce you to Nancy Wang of Rosy Lens Portrait Photography in Kildeer.
Family portraits are a beautiful way to preserve a place in time and capture your family’s personality. But it can be difficult to find the right photographer, plan wardrobe, places, schedule, and convince hubby (at least in my case) to get it just right. Read about getting it just right in Nancy’s Guest post, Tips for a Successful Family Photography Session.
Nancy Wang of Rosy Lens Portrait Photography loves to take the guesswork and planning out of family portraits and do the work for you. Locking in moments for families and showing the rosy side of life is part of her business philosophy. At Rosy Lens Photography, Nancy puts her work with you into three stages:
- She helps you plan what to wear with a wardrobe board and examples of what other families have done. She sends tips on how to best prepare for your session.
- She researches poses and lighting with your family size, time of day, and family preferences.
- Sessions are planned around individual family needs such as naps times, school times, other family schedules, and weather.
- Photo session:
- Nancy takes pride in making everyone comfortable and will take time to play and act out stories with children, as play is their natural, happy place.
- While you may choose a location within 15 miles of Kildeer, she offers her home studio as an option. She has both beautiful indoor and outdoor settings (on two acres) to get just the right setting and lighting that you are looking for.
- This is Nancy’s favorite part of the job! She loves editing photos and takes great pride in presenting a high quality, finished product.
- Nancy sends all of her photos and allows the family to choose their favorites (rather than just presenting a select few).
Rosy Lens’ family sessions are typically about 1-1.5 hours long, but do not feel like it! She strives to make it fun and enjoyable for everyone involved. She also often has mini sessions available for 45 minutes (typically 30 minutes with other photographers).
Besides family portraits, Rosy Lens Portrait Photography also does weddings, senior portraits, newborn, and milestone photos.
Rosy Lens has grown organically over the past three years due to client satisfaction and customer referrals. As you can see, her pictures are stunning and she seeks to continue to grow Rosy Lens each year through the same means. Nancy also strives to continue to learn new techniques, posing, and technology to provide the best quality product for families.
We are privileged to have Nancy as a member of the Little Lake County Photographers Pool and have worked with her on a number of events. We have seen firsthand her ability to frame the perfect candid moment.
Nancy knows how to get the best out of her subjects and her images capture the true spirit of the occasion along with the personality of the person being photographed.
Nancy knows how to read people, which gives her the ability to draw out what makes them special and unique. From a rambunctious toddler, sullen infant, or even a hesitant parent, her manner puts whomever she photographs right at ease.
I’m always impressed how she works wonders with light, be it natural or indoors, to give her images a special glow. You can see our complete event albums featuring images courtesy of Rosy Lens on our Facebook page: Impressions of the Heart album and Cupcakes for a Cause album.
Rosy Lens Photography is offering an exclusive discount for Little Lake County Readers of $50 off of any portrait package. Contact her soon to get this special discount and a prime summer appointment.
Disclosure: Rosy Lens Portrait Photography is our featured Locally Grown Business of the Month. This series of features is part of a paid partnership with Little Lake County. Contact littlelakecounty[at]gmail[dot]com if you are interested in featuring your own locally-owned business in our monthly series.