Is this heaven? There is live music, art, festival foods, laughter, and unbelievable amounts of CHOCOLATE. No! It’s the Long Grove Chocolate Fest. This May 20-22, you can find my family and me in Long Grove. Enjoy the excitement of big city festival in historic downtown Long Grove, without the travel headaches of leaving Lake County. And there are so many fun foods to taste.
I always eat way too many chocolate covered strawberries (my favorite!), and last year I branched out and tried chocolate covered bacon. It didn’t make my list of favorites, but it was fun to try something new. I’m excited to see what’s on the menu this year. There is also an area with activities for kids, culinary demonstrations, and plenty of live music scheduled throughout the weekend.
If you are going to Long Grove Chocolate Fest with children, here are some insider tips:
- Get there early in the day for the free street parking (which is also closest to the festival grounds), and be prepared to pay admission fees in cash.
- Some of the sidewalks are brick and a bit bumpy, so if you have little ones in strollers, bring a sturdy one.
- Bring a few kid-friendly snacks and drinks from home to save a few dollars, and to also buy you a few minutes so you can duck into the fabulous shops.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! Plan on spending several hours there.
- And last, but certainly not least, bring your camera! There is no where else in Lake County with a more beautiful collection of tulips. There are also old buildings, fences, stairs and a covered bridge that make for amazing photo ops.
Connect with Long Grove to find out more about Chocolate Fest and their other fun festivals, too. Be sure to check out the Long Grove Chocolate Festival Facebook page for up-to-date listing of entertainment and food vendors.
Long Grove Chocolate Fest 2016
Friday, May 20, 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 21, 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 22, 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Admission: $5 ; Admission is FREE from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 20.
Children 12 and under are FREE on all days.
What’s your favorite chocolate treat to sample at Long Grove Chocolate Fest? Tell us in the comments section below.