With the welcoming of August, summer begins slowly winding down. And while that means a lot of things to many people, it also means one really awesome thing: football season is kicking off soon!
Chicago Bears Meijer Family Fest is a great way for the whole family to get out and enjoy watching our Chicago Bears in Soldier Field. On August 8 at 11:35 a.m., the Chicago Bears take the field for a full-team scrimmage in front of the hometown crowd. A word of the wise — plan to be there early because the fun starts outside the stadium two hours prior to Forte and Jeffery hitting the field. Various games and activities will be available for kids, Staley ‘Da Bear will be visiting with Bears fans, live music will be playing, Bears alumni will be signing autographs and many giveaways will kick off starting at 9:30 a.m.
Why should you take your family?
- It’s a fun and inexpensive way to see your Chicago Bears in Soldier Field!
- Get a close look at your 2015/16 Bears as most available seats are in the lower two levels.
- It’s Bears Family Fest, so it’s completely family friendly. You can feel comfortable bringing your young Bears fans to help pack Soldier Field.
- The fun activities and events on outside of the gates are enough to keep adults and children happy prior to entering the gates.
Chad’s Tips For a Successful Trip
- Get there early! Find a parking spot by 9:00 a.m. or earlier to maximize your time having fun. (And you’ll also beat any traffic.)
- It’s a stadium, and there’s stadium prices for food. Eat well before coming but plan on spending some money at the concessions, too.
- It’s an NFL stadium, so they follow the NFL bag policy. Be sure you bring the right bags so you don’t need to make an extra trip to the car. Read the Bears Bag Policy before you go.
- Keep your eyes open as this year they will be distributing Kids-Only Autograph Session raffle tickets at 9:30 a.m. at Staley’s Corner (Southwest Lawn). At 10:30 a.m., they will draw a winning ticket number and 200 lucky kids will get the chance to go on the field and meet their favorite Bears. Keep your fingers crossed!
Chicago Bears Meijer Family Fest
Soldier Field, 1410 Museum Campus Drive, Chicago
August 8, 2015
9:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
Outside Activities open at 9:30 a.m.
Practice begins at 11:35 a.m.
See website for a full schedule of activities
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!
Tickets are $8-12 (plus taxes and fees)
A paid ticket is required for all children over 32″ tall
Use PROMO CODE: 15Fest to save $2 per ticket
Parking is available at the North Garage, Waldron Deck and South Lots for $22 per vehicle. Lots will open at 8 AM
Disclosure: Little Lake County received a fan pack and four passes to Fan Fest. All thoughts and opinions belong to the writer and no other compensation was received.