This story is part of a partnership with Advocate Condell Centre Club.
Melissa and Loralie have partnered with Advocate Condell Medical Center Centre Club to spend the next year working to achieve their health goals. They’ll be documenting their steps to get Movin’ and Improvin’ and be fit by 40. This is not a weight-loss series, this is a journey towards health. Read the series introduction to learn more. Today we hear from Loralie…
10 Things that Happen When You (Finally) Get Back to the Gym
- The friendly ladies at Karing for Kids (FREE child care for members) tell your daughter how long her hair has grown.
- You notice that they reupholstered all the workout benches (black is slimming.)
- You forgot how stationary bikes are an excellent way to catch up on Facebook.
- You don’t remember getting this sweaty this early.
- You didn’t realize you miss getting sweaty.
- By the way–who are all these people?
- Wow, you can still do this–you’re pretty awesome…
- You’re all done but you still have 20 minutes of child care left at Karing for Kids, which means… uninterrupted smoothie break. WooHoo!
- You run errands with your child afterward in your sweaty workout clothes and whenever you run into someone you know you humblebrag about what a mess you are because you’ve just been to the gym.
- You are very, very, very sore the next day, but it’s okay because it merely proves you are still one bad mamma jamma.
Advocate Condell Medical Center – Centre Club is a Hospital-based health and wellness club owned by Advocate Condell Medical Center and operated by Midtown Athletic Clubs. They offer a choice of group exercise, basketball, racquetball, weight lifting, swimming, indoor track and more. They also offer various health programs, personal trainers and massage therapy.
Connect with Advocate Condell Centre Club
200 W Golf Rd, Libertyville | (847) 990-5750
1405 Hunt Club Rd, Gurnee | (847) 625-4750
Find more reviews of classes and gyms at Fitness in Lake County.
When Loralie isn’t out exploring with her two pint-sized adventurers you’ll often find her in front of her computer plotting to take over the world (or at least Lake County.) She appreciates good friends, good food, expensive shoes and parents who make two lanes in the drop-off/pick-up line at school. Her spirit animal is The Hobbit. She invites you to join her on her quest for unique distractions, diversions and deliciousness in this county we call home.
Disclosure: Loralie and Melissa have received a one-year membership from Advocate Condell Centre Club in exchange for sharing their journey and progress with our readers. All thoughts and opinions belong to the writer and no further compensation was received.