While you may associate a day at Six Flags Great America with funnel cakes, turkey legs, and cotton candy – those aren’t your only options. For those looking for an alternative to greasy burgers and salty fries, Six Flags offers a variety of lighter and healthier choices. The new-for-2014 Go Fresh Café located in the County Fair Food Court offers juicy veggie burgers, turkey burgers, grilled chicken BLT sandwiches as well as flatbread sandwiches.
Healthy Dining at Six Flags Great America
The park has also transformed the former Cyber Café in Orleans Place into a Go Fresh Café Orleans. This location features fresh deli sandwiches, salads, and lean wraps – along with typical bakery fares such as donuts, cookies, and coffee.
Try a wrap, fresh turkey burger, or a juicy veggie burger for a blast of protein. Or you can go all-veggie with an assortment of incredible salads, fresh fruit, and wholesome smoothies. Grab a fresh-roasted corn-on-the-cob at the Maw & Paw’s Trail Grub located in Yukon Territory and watch the brand new Goliath coaster in action. Primo’s Pizzeria locations throughout the park feature Famous Famiglia Pizza and salads – both Caesar and Italian style. Many indoor eateries within the park also offer healthy options. JB’s Barbeque & Sports Bar in Southwest Territory and Mooseburger Lodge in Yukon Territory offer veggie burgers, turkey burgers, and Caesar salads.
Other Six Flags Restaurants that offer better for you dining options:
- Capone’s Kitchen, located in Yankee Harbor offers pastas and salads along side it’s pizza and beer.
- Chop Six located in County Fair Food Court serves up beef and broccoli, spicy chicken, orange chicken tofu and rice.
- Go Fresh Café located in County Fair serves veggie burgers, turkey flatbread and salads.
- Go Fresh Café Orleans located in Orleans Place serve wraps and salads alongside it’s sub sandwiches.
- JB’s Barbeque & Sports Bar located in the Southwest Territory offers black bean burgers and grilled chicken Caesar salads.
- Mooseburger Lodge located in the Yukon Territory has salads and veggie burgers.
- Strutters located in Hometown Square has a grilled chicken Caesar salad along with it’s typical fair food.
If you’re cooling off at the Hurricane Harbor water park, stop by Pink Flamingo Café, which offers Caesar salads and veggie burgers. Look for a small green apple icon next to some dining locations on the Six Flags Great America park map – this means that healthy options are available. For specific dietary needs, stop by the Guest Relations kiosk at the front of the park for more information.
The Lake County, Illinois Convention & Visitors Bureau promotes Lake County as a tourist destination for travelers through events, special offers, hotel packages and all of our exciting attractions and things to do for families.