With school, scouts, and fall sports in full swing, you may be scouring your recipes for what you will contribute to the next bake sale fundraiser. Look no further. This recipe has made hundred of dollars at bake sales (no joke, I have made so many loaves of this over the years!)
It’s also super tasty, my daughter (the picky eater) loves it and calls it cake.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Makes 2 9×5 loaves, serves 24
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sour cream (or yogurt, we like French Vanilla)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (if making muffins use mini chips)
- Preheat oven to 350degrees. Lightly grease two 9x5in loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, and cocoa; mix well.
- Blend in sour cream (yogurt) and chocolate chips
- Pour into prepared pans
- Bake in preheated oven for 60mins or until a toothpick in the center of the loaf comes out clean
What’s your favorite bake sale recipe?