This story contains affiliate links.
Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas
I took an informal survey among my countless friends who are teachers to see what gift is prized the most, and they all (I mean every single one of them) appreciate the handwritten personal note most of all. I’ll go one step further and say my husband has been a teacher for 16 years and has kept every thank-you note he has received, even though I promised I wouldn’t mention him in this post, sorry honey! But his quote was:
“A little note saying how that teacher has touched the child’s life is more important than any material item.”
Teacher Gift Ideas:
- Organize big-ticket items through your PTO, like feeding the entire staff lunch at school one day
- Flowers or balloons
- Drawing or a specially written anecdote about a favorite moment during the school year between your child and teacher
- Stickers, school supplies, markers, office organization tools (or gift card to an office supply store)
- You can’t go wrong with an Amazon Gift Card.
- If you’re lucky enough to have season tickets to a local baseball team (Cubs, Sox), maybe you could gift your favorite teacher some weekday afternoon tickets over the summer that you probably won’t be able to use
- Something all the children in the class can sign. For example, a poster-sized class picture from the Halloween party, a book by the teacher’s favorite author, and for coaches, a signed ball.
- Thoughtful gift baskets, some ideas:
- blu-ray, microwave popcorn & flavored salt
- beach towel, magazine & sunscreen
- coffee mug & Starbucks gift card
- stress relievers: lotion, heating pad & yoga mat
If you know your teacher well, I’m sure they’d appreciate their favorite food or gift card to a local restaurant.
Also, don’t underestimate the power of Pinterest and other social media websites for creative craft ideas! Happy Appreciating!