Last Friday, September 30th, our readers joined us to “Support Your Girls” and kick-off National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with a healthy dose of panache. Mamas across Lake County took the night off for a night out with Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville. Through their generosity, we were able to donate $500 to the American Cancer Society!
Pampering, pleasure, prizes and the paparazzi were out in full force! JD Event Photography set the tone for fun and frivolity with their “photo booth” filled with hilarious props. It’s perfect to book for special occasions, birthday parties, even dance recitals. Visit our Facebook album for more photo booth madness!
If you’re looking for holiday photos, Jessica Ditore Photography (she put the JD in JD Event Photography) is now booking Christmas Mini-Sessions with Santa. Skip the lines at the mall and get your holiday photos and your pictures with Santa done at the same time. You’ll receive high-quality, mantle-worthy, digital images that are guaranteed to surpass the abilities of your average mall elf.
If you weren’t able to attend, you can still win fabulous prizes while raising awareness of breast cancer this month when you Go Pink to Win! Simply click the graphic below to learn more and to enter. Also, whenever you use #checkyourgirls in social media this month, Advocate Healthcare will donate $1 to the American Cancer Society. (posts will need to be public to qualify)
Let’s not forget to thank our other generous co-sponsors who went above and beyond to entertain, delight, and spoil our partygoers, all for the sake of the American Cancer Society. Be sure to support these local businesses who stepped up to #SupportYourGirls.
- Blue Sky Yoga of Libertyville – visit their brand new yoga studio all this month for their Breast Cancer Awareness events and check out studio owner Angie Miller leading a wonderful yoga playdate.
- The Chocolate Sanctuary of Gurnee – Melissa tells us about their sumptuous Sunday Brunch.
- Merle Norman Cosmetics of Antioch – Alli loves their warm, personalized service when buying for herself or others.
- Polished Salon & Boutique of Grayslake – These stylish ladies have given our guests sparkle before, and we can’t wait to publish Laura’s story about their darling birthday parties… stay tuned!
- What She Wants Boutique in Libertyville – Lisa Dalton Kula’s carefully curated selections will have you feel like your shopping in the bohemian alleyways of Paris. Yet their convenient location inside the Advocate Condell Medical Center Centre Club in Libertyville will save you the airfare.
- Pét Nuages Gypsy Swing Trio – Youth and adult guitar lessons offered by the talented Mike Pollitt in Grayslake.
- Center for Wellness in Mundelien – The handsome Dr. Jon and his team provided our readers with the answers they need to stay healthy through the Holidays.
- SupporteDD – locally-based Chief Bra Officer, Kelly understands the needs of women with a serious set of “girls.” Find her collection of well-crafted bras for larger cup sizes online.
- Sweet Pete’s of Lake Forest – The crew at Sweet Pete’s know just how to treat a lady (or man or child!). Little Lake County had a blast during their Chocolate Pizza Class and my children’s favorite spot for sugar.
See candid shots of all our partygoers in this album.
We’ll be teaming up again with Advocate Health Care early next year. This time, we wanna get physical and hear your body talk! To ensure you don’t miss the announcement, be sure to subscribe to our e-newsletter and have our newly published stories delivered directly to your inbox. We have all the news Lake County moms crave!
Disclosure: Advocate Condell Medical Center is a paid advertising partner and Support Your Girls presenting sponsor. Promotional consideration has been provided to other co-sponsors in exchange for their goods and services. Proceeds from raffle, and other items and services sold during the event were donated to the American Cancer Society.