The list of dishes needed for a bountiful Thanksgiving feast is long. You may be tempted to grab that box or can to ease the load. With our friend Heather from Girl and her Kitchen, we’ll share easy, tasty Thanksgiving Recipes made with whole foods that will have everyone at the table asking for more!
Ok, ok, give me a chance to explain.
I know, you are going to skip this recipe right? You HATE Brussel sprouts you say? Well…can you give these a chance? I might just change your mind! Brussel sprouts get a bad rap, I realize this. My guess is though, that they just haven’t been prepared properly before now. This recipe is a perfect mix of fresh and flavorful.
These Brussel sprouts changed me. A few years back, I gave them a chance, and I never turned back. I love them now! They are a great addition to your Thanksgiving table and you might even change a few Brussel sprouts hating minds as well.
These are quick and easy and add another fresh vegetable to the Thanksgiving meal. Give them a try-let me know what you think!
Maple Glazed Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussel sprouts
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp coarse ground mustard
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Trim the ends of the Brussel sprouts.
- Heat large sauté pan until hot. Add butter and let it melt. Add Brussel sprouts and sauté for two minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, syrup, and broth. Pour into the hot pan and toss to coat.
- Cover pan and cook for 10 minutes. Check halfway through. If liquid has turned into a thick glaze, leave the cover off, but continue cook time.
- When finished, remove to a platter or bowl and drizzle sauce on top.
Find more Thanksgiving Recipes.
By: Heather Williams
Heather is a busy mom of three who loves exploring Lake County with her kids. When she, her husband and kids are not embarking on new adventures, you will most likely find her cooking and posting some great family-friendly recipes at Girl and Her Kitchen.