With a calendar full of so many great activities, how do you decide which ones are worth putting on the calendar in pen? Well we’re here to help with our monthly feature, the Little Lake County Top Ten – Ten Must-Do Events in Lake County this month. Here are our picks for Top February Events for Families in Lake County.
Love is in the air and we can’t help but spread it! Here is a sampling of the February events that we love, picked just for you.
Top February Events for Families in Lake County
Events are listed in no particular order, follow the links for more information.
- Love Nature: Nature Discovery Day, February 4, Heller Nature Center, Highland Park. Visit the nature classrooms, complete a craft to take home, explore the science of nature, go sledding or cross country skiing (weather permitting), view live animals and enjoy a roasted marshmallow around a crackling campfire.
- Love Your Heart: Advocate Condell Centre Club Community Health Fair, February 13 (Libertyville) and February 24 (Gurnee). The fair will feature information booths and on-site assessments including cholesterol, hearing, gait and balance. Melissa went last year and learned a lot.
- Love Breakfast?: If you love breakfast, you will love learning about where maple syrup comes from and how it’s made at Sap’s Rising, February 25, River Trail Nature Center, Northbrook.
Love Yourself: Show yourself and the world that you are Mama Strong at our next Mom’s Day Out Event, February 18! Enter to win free admission and a mini-session with 4th Trimester Bodies Project.Update: Event has been cancelled
- Love No-School Days: No-school days can be stressful, but you will love them this month when you take your kids to Bella’s Bouncies for their President’s Day Jump, February 20.
- Love History: Bring the family to join in a Celebration of Black History with singing, dancing, speakers and poetry. February 25, Zion-Benton Township High School.
- Love Valentines: Bring your little ones for Valentine’s Day arts and crafts and activities including free coffee (for mom) and sweets (for everyone). February 14, at Yu Kids Island Vernon Hills.
- Love Nostalgia: Grab your favorite partner (big or small) for a couples’ skate at Bella’s Bouncies Skate on Grand. Admission includes skates, pizza, snow cone and glow stick. February 11
- Love Science: Join Bright Horizons Northbrook for STEM Saturday, February 11, at the Northbrook Campus. Preschoolers – Kindergarten and their parents can explore with oobleck, block, matching shapes, dance with bubbles, make a geodome and more. RSVP requested.
- Love Sweets: Take your sweeties to Lambs Farm Magnolia Cafe as its transformed into a Valentine’s Day sweet shop. Families can choose to decorate their own cookies, pretzels, marshmallows and more as well as create a beautiful card and packaging. There will also be a brunch, reservations recommended. February 12
What’s on your must-do list this month? Share it in the comments!
Disclosure: Some events listed feature Little Lake County advertising partners.