With a calendar full of so many great activities, how do you decide which ones are worth putting on the calendar in pen? Well we’re here to help with our monthly feature, the Little Lake County Top Ten – Ten Must-Do Events in Lake County this month. Here are our picks for Best December Events in Lake County.
It’s the start of the new year, full of hope, ambition, and a lit of goals a mile long! Make one of them to have more fun by checking out these events, hand picked by our staff. They will get your new year started off right!
Top January Events in Lake County
Events are listed in no particular order, follow the links for more information.
- Get your kids excited to read by meeting the local authors that wrote the books at the Highland Park Library’s Kid Lit Fest January 7.
- Resolve to take care of YOU and have fun while doing it! Join us at Centre Club Libertyville for a Retro Mom’s Night Out that will be totally rad! (register by January 9 and child care is included!)
- Winter can be fun! Find 100 things to do in winter or just visit Centennial’s Winter Fest January 7.
- Play with Nature, even in the winter! Fresh air is good for you and the kids love being outside explore nature together at a Playdate with Nature. January 16
- Do more good. Celebrate the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. at Highland Park’s Multi-generational day of Service. January 16
- Make new friends. Try out Pediatric Interactions Show Me Playgroup January 6 and 20 and meet other moms or talk to therapists while your kids play.
- Pizza and games that you don’t have to cleanup! Join other families for Deerfield Park Districts first family game night.
- Explore new places. Did you know that the Chicago Botanic Gardens has a library? Stop in for story time and check out the adorable felt creatures from favorite stories. Then warm-up with a walk through the greenhouses before heading home. Mondays.
- Go behind the scenes at the Tempel Lipizzans. What is a Lipizzan? A beautiful dancing horse. January 14
- Celebrate the new year, the Chinese New Year at the Lake Forest Library. January 28
What’s on your must-do list this month? Share it in the comments!
Disclosure: Some events listed feature Little Lake County advertising partners.