Are you spending today getting ready for a school Valentine’s party? Why not impress your kids and try your hand at cake pops? Katie has the instructions for her Valentine’s Cake Pops.
Valentine’s Cake Pops Recipe
- any type of cake mix that makes a 9×13 cake (I used chocolate)
- any type of icing
- melting candies
- vegetable oil
- sprinkles optional
1. Make cake according to package. Once completely cooled, crumble cake and mix with about 2/3 a container of icing, until mix is sticky and will hold together.
2. Line a pan with wax paper. I pressed the mix into a small heart-shaped cookie cutter, then placed the heart on the wax paper or a cake pop stick then on the wax paper.
3. Once all the hearts are shaped, freeze for 20 minutes, or leave in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Place melting candies in a microwaveable bowl and heat according to package. Mix about 3 tbsp oil in an entire bag of melting candies. Once all melted and mixed, dip each heart into the candies and place on a cake pop holder or back on wax paper.
5. Let the candies re-harden. Enjoy!
Have you tried making Cake Pops?
Find more Valentine’s Recipes and fun at Valentine’s in Lake County.