Welcome to Little Lake County’s Virtual Cookie Exchange! The only cookie exchange where you can participate without consuming any calories because it’s all virtual!
Got a favorite recipe you want to share? It doesn’t have to be original if you can site the source, you just need a picture! Fill out this form to be included.
Today’s recipe was such a big hit with my family at Thanksgiving dinner the cookies were gone before the pie! This recipe is a slight modification of Hershey’s Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe.
Better Than a Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies
- Approximately 48 mini peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Additional granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a peanut butter cup into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Now it’s your turn! Share your favorite recipe with us! Follow the instructions above OR share a link to the recipe, pin, etc in the comments!