For many of us, especially those of us parents of a certain (cough born in the 70’s cough) age we grew up eating things that we wouldn’t even think about letting our kids eat. We asked our Facebook fans what was a food item that you were raised on and loved as a kid but embarrasses you now as an adult.
They told us it was meat…
- Corned Beef in a Can
- Vienna sausage in a can
- Hot Dogs – cold and uncooked
- Bologna – fried or rolled up with a cheese product slice
- Steak Ums
It was cutting edge food technology…
- Easy Cheese, from the can to your mouth
- Tamales in a can
- Ham and cheese loaf. I’m pretty certain that wasn’t really ham… or cheese.
We thought this was how everyone ate it…
- Cucumber sandwiches
- Hamburger Pea Gravy
- Salami with cheese, ketchup and pickles
We loved it, but don’t tell our kids!
- Hostess cupcakes
Spill it parents, what do you look back on and think….we ate what?