Winter in Lake County can be long, but it’s also a lot of fun! Consider the length to be extra time for extra fun. From festivals to outdoor activities there is so much to do we need the longer time frame to fit it all in! Find everything you need for a great winter in Lake County here!
Winter in Lake County
We believe there is so much to do we annual produce a list of 100+ things to do in the winter. Find them all:
- 2016 100 Things to do in Winter by Kari
- 2017 101 Things to do in Winter by Kari
When cabin fever sets in, about mid-January, we have the cure! Best of all they are all free! Find your free family adventures to beat cabin fever.
When you just want them to play in the yard for more than five-minutes, Heather has you covered. She’s created this great list of Snow Activities and Games young children can play. All the fun, none of the trekking up a hill.
Winter Sports in Lake County
Bundle up it’s time to play in the snow! From sledding to skiing there is a winter sport for everyone and place to play it in Lake County! Find all the locations you can enjoy winter sports in Lake County below:
- Where to Go Ice Skating in Lake County – from outdoor rinks to indoor rinks we have them all, on a map!
- Area Skiing for Families – it’s not a mountain but it’s fun!
- Cross-country Skiing in Lake County – not only where you can do it, but also locations for renting cross-country skis.
- Looking for something different? From curling to ski jump, Lake county has everything you need to Play like a Winter Olympian.
Want to work on your sport or just stay healthy in the winter without going outside? Jenna has put together a list of indoor walking/running tracks in Lake County. These are ones that are available without a membership.
Besides sports, there is still plenty of outdoor fun to be had in Lake County during the winter. The Lake County Forest Preserves have a wide variety of fun winter activities.
Winter can be hard on your hands. We rounded up the best products for winter hand relief.